Ten Rules of the Selkie World
1. To summon a selkie, you must cry seven tears into the ocean. (This is the preferable way if you want to meet one.)
2. To capture a selkie, you must steal her/his seal skin. (Warning: If you do this, you will get what you deserve.)
3. Selkies can also be kind. If you rescue one, you have earned a friend (or more) for life.
4. Selkie males have great abs. You know, from all that swimming.
5. Selkie skins have powerful magic. The extent of it is unknown, but hunters will pay millions for just one skin.
6. Selkies love to collect treasures they find in the ocean. Think Ariel and her dinglehopper.
7. However, selkies are not mermaids, and they will get very upset if you make that mistake.
8. Most selkies prefer to be in their seal form.
9. Just like actual seals, they do not like sharks.
10. If you ever befriend a selkie, remember this above all else – Selkies may look human, but their hearts will always belong to the sea.
*Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post!
About the Author:
Krystalyn spent thirteen years working at Walt Disney World in a variety of roles: entertainer, talent coordinator, and character captain. Her degree in theatre as well as many, many hours spent in a dance studio, helped with her job there.
Her various other day jobs have included working in zoology at Sea World, as an elementary teacher, and currently as a support technician for a website. In the evenings, she does mad writing challenges with her sister, who is also an author.
Krystalyn lives near
You can learn more about Krystalyn at: http://krysteybelle.blogspot.com, or by following her Short Story blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
When sixteen-year-old Aileen sees a dead girl floating in the bay, she never imagines selkies may be involved. They're mythical creatures, not flesh and blood families with secrets bigger than the ocean. Fascinated by their mysteries, Aileen grows close to one of the selkie families. In the process, she uncovers the truth about them and the murder. Or is it the truth? As the body count grows, Aileen must find the killer or risk becoming a victim herself.
All Riesa Adair wants is a normal life. With the end of high school only months away and an outstanding GPA to bolster her college plans, that doesn't seem like too much to ask. Unfortunately, the voices screaming in her head keep getting in the way. Somewhere between her summer in a mental institution, and her stepfather's attempt at an exorcism, she's learned to keep quiet about her situation. But, pretending to be normal hasn't prevented the spirit world from taking notice of her. Both sides of an ever-present war have focused in on her. Now she’ll need all the help she can get to escape a powerful spirit threatening to fulfill a prophecy that endangers the entire human world.
You can check out the rest of the Blogger Book Fair at: http://www.bloggerbookfair.