Ayden is getting ready for her weekend getaway, and all of her friends have staged a takeover of her blog in her absence! Since she's not here to protest anything we've planned, we're going to start the festivities off with a little game from her awesome sister.
You know you live with a writer if...
- They get so engrossed with what they are doing that you have to repeat yourself to be heard. Did you hear that? I said you have to repeat yourself to be heard.
- You ask them a question and they respond with "One more chapter" or "One more page"
- "One more chapter" or "One more page" really means "Ill answer you when I find out what happened in the story" even if that ends up being 17 chapters or 23 pages later.
- The question "What do you want for dinner?" is usually answered with silence, you know, because they are too busy reading that last page, or writing that last chapter.
- They say incredibly large words, like hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobi, and they know what they mean! (They probably even know what that one means!)
- They bring books along for road trips.
- They spend their Novembers couped up inside striving for that 50,000 word goal. (And they know without having to google that the number is 50,000 and not 30,000 like I originally wrote)
- They get annoyed with lack of proper punctuation as witnessed in this blog.
- They re-read the same books over and over again
- They always carry a book with them
- They actually *enjoy* researching things for characters or story plots.
- They know the difference between words like "their" and "there" and "your" and "you're"
- They like to take shopping trips to bookstores.
- The keys on their keyboard have been worn off from over-use.
Courtney blogs over at Life as a Convert and *used* to live with a writer. She now knows she does not live with a writer because she can mix up words like their and there and not get corrected, and doesnt have to ask what large words like circumlocution mean.
- ► 2019 (41)
- ► 2014 (116)
- ► 2013 (70)
- We're all gonna die! (Or the Armageddon Alphabet) ...
- You're not a writer
- Trayvon Martin and the Reality of YA Novels
- For every question, there is a story.
- Breathe Green
- It's a Celebration!
- She's No Pushover
- Fade's Cover is Here!
- With a Little Help...
- What I Know
- It's Complicated, & Secret, But We Have Wigs...
- Six Sentence Sunday
- Hockey: The beginning of a beautiful friendship.
- Fairy Tale Endings
- Living Life
- Blog Takeover! You Know You Live With a Writer If....
- My name on a book cover
- The Eddas and the Albatross
- Indie Publishers and the Inequitable Application o...
- Book Loving Chocolate Holiday Contest Winners
- Two Toddlers and a Porch
- Meet Dace Matthews
- Six Sentence Sunday
- 30 Days of Fade: Day 2
- 30 Days of Fade
- ▼ March (28)