I'm a sucker for a good playlist. Music is such a central part of my life, I can't imagine now having it playing in the background while I write. The playlist for the series was all over the place. You can check out some of my favorites below and listen to the entire playlist on Youtube!
The Weeknd – High for This
· I love anything by The Weeknd, but this is probably one of my favorite songs to put on while writing. It's such a sexy song.
Boy Epic – Fifty Shades
· This is another incredibly sexy song that just fits Roman and Mila's story really well in so many ways.
Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello – Bad Things
· This one is such a great fit for Roman and Mila and their story. It gets pretty steamy.
Halsey – Without Me
· Admittedly, this one doesn't necessarily fit the story, but it reminds me of Mila in a lot of ways. Her ex is kind of an ass, and he's the reason she finds herself in Santa Cruz with Roman.
Billie Eilish and Khalid – Lovely
· This is such a haunting, beautiful song. Mila's backstory is a little sad, and this song captures that so perfectly.
SVRCINA – Meet Me on the Battlefield
· This song reminds me of Roman. He loves to call Mila a warrior, but he's definitely a bit of warrior himself. He's lived most of his adult life amongst gangs and cartels, trying to keep people safe. He's tired, but he keeps fighting anyway.
Sam Smith and Normani – Dancing with a Stranger
· I'm always singing this song. It doesn't necessarily fit the story, but it's Sam Smith. I could listen to him all day, every day, and find inspiration!
Bazzi and Camila Cabello – Beautiful
· Roman and Mila have fought their attraction to one another for a long time. But let's face it, she's it for him…and he is so freaking sweet to her (even when he's being dirty). This song reminds me of him.
NF and Britt Nicole – Can You Hold Me
· Mila hates to be vulnerable, and she knows that Roman has the potential to break her heart, but she wants him anyway. This song is all about being vulnerable and exposed. It's such a gorgeous song.
Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
· There's a specific scene in Devour Me that makes this song such a perfect fit. I'm not going to spoil it here, but suffice to say…Roman plans to make damn sure Mila misses him if she goes!
The Weeknd – Where You Belong
· This song, y'all. It's perfect. Roman can be a little rough and wild, and a little dirty. This song fits him so well!
You can listen to the playlist on YouTube!
About the Series:
Those are the terms Mila Lawson offers Roman Gregory when they find themselves living together in Santa Cruz.
With a violent gang gunning for him and a cartel threatening to go to war, the last thing the ATF agent should be thinking about is claiming his daughter's twenty-two-year-old best friend. But after four long years of lusting after the gorgeous little blonde from afar, once Roman has her, he's not willing to give her up.
She may be off-limits, but something about Mila drives him wild. There's nothing sweet about the things he wants to do to her, and nothing gentle about the way he takes her. She makes him crave a future he never envisioned for himself…one so much better than he ever dreamed was possible.
To keep her, he'll be forced to face the daughter he adores. To save her, he'll break every rule in the book.
Nothing will stand in his way. Not his daughter. Not the gang hunting him. Not even the law itself.
The first two books in this steamy series, Devour Me and Destroy Me, are available now. The final book, Defend Me, releases on May 15th!