In the Teplo Trilogy, a DEA agent falls for a disabled ballerina on the dance floor at the night club he's investigating. Determined to keep her safe and do his job, Tristan winds up dragging Lillian into the middle of his investigation. That goes about as well as you'd expect. Tears are shed. Blood is spilled. Things explode (literally!).
The series was pretty challenging to write. I joke that none of it was my idea and I just tried to talk sense into them along the way because that's basically how the writing happened with this one. I'd have it all plotted out…and then they did whatever they wanted to do.
Here are some other fun facts about the series.
· I wrote the first words of Tristan and Lillian's story over nine years ago. It started out as a short piece of fanfiction…and spiraled from there. Three books and nine years later, it's finally complete!
· Tristan is the most uncooperative and frustrating character I have ever written. There were many times when my beta team had to talk me down because I was ready to off him.
· Teplo means heat in the Czech language. The series is pretty steamy, so the word fit perfectly.
· I'm still embarrassed that my grandma not only read the first two books of the series (sadly, she passed away before the third was complete), but then proceeded to have a conversation with me about her needing a man after reading them. So awkward!
· One of my grad school professors was instrumental in the early stages of writing this series. He helped me out with the cartel research and advised me along the way. Trying to find a happy medium between reality and fiction was tough at times. He was the voice of reason when I wanted to put a little too much reality into the series.
· I loved getting to add ballet to the mix in this series. I've always been a huge fan, and it was a lot of fun getting to write a character who danced for a living.
· Michael Kincaid is probably one of my favorite characters ever, and is always a fan favorite. He's so over-the-top ridiculous at times during this series. I cannot wait until his book comes out later this year and everyone finally gets his story.
· Lillian is kind of a badass. Tristan has a tendency to bulldoze over everyone and everything, but she stands up to him like a champion. They argue a lot until they finally figure it out, but I love a strong woman who isn't afraid to stand up for herself and what she wants and needs. Her strength is also one of Tristan's favorite things about her.
· I once lost a job over writing this series. It was a massive drama at the time. I won the appeal. I didn't ask for my job back though. I figured if they were that bent out of shape over what I write, I didn't belong there.
· Rapture (Book Three) is dedicated to Tevin Campbell. Tristan, Roman, and Michael, three alpha males, team up in the midst of a gang war in the book. They completely annihilated my plot and basically did whatever the 'eff they wanted to do. I blasted Can We Talk for two weeks until they started cooperating. Never negotiate with terrorists! :)
For more fun facts about the series, don't forget to follow me on Instagram @aydenmorgen.